I can't believe I haven't posted this yet!!!
Most of you probably know that Lee's hunting buddies from "Drop Tine Lodge" went together and bought Grant a 4-wheeler for Christmas!!!! Ryan Rasmussen is an old college roommate of Lee's, who also happens to have a farm (aka Drop Tine Lodge) about 10 minutes from our house. This was above and beyond what we ever expected...although, I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of "insurance policy" to make sure Lee gets in LOTS of hunting time next year????
Rass (aka Ryan) came over with the ATV while the kids were napping. He unloaded it, parked it in the garage, "decorated" it, made sure it started...then we set up the video camera and planned exactly how we'd surprise Grant. We waited and waited for Grant to wake up (they always sleep FOREVER when you DON'T want them to)...I finally had to wake him up. He was a little groggy and grumpy and said, I'm going to sleep more...WHAT!?!?! He NEVER says that. I finally got him upstairs and then outside. His reaction was not at all what I expected...he was a little shy b/c he hadn't seen Rass for awhile and I had a camera in his face, and he didn't quite know what to think! He warmed up, a little, listened as Ryan explained everything to him and then they rode it for awhile. There was no crazy excitement, but I think it took awhile to sink in.
He asks almost every day if he can ride it, but is pretty good about accepting the fact that it just can't happen much right now between the snow and ONE parent home.
I'm a little worried about it, but he loves it and seems to be learning how to ride it.
It will be nice when Lee is home and can spend more time teaching him.
Most of you probably know that Lee's hunting buddies from "Drop Tine Lodge" went together and bought Grant a 4-wheeler for Christmas!!!! Ryan Rasmussen is an old college roommate of Lee's, who also happens to have a farm (aka Drop Tine Lodge) about 10 minutes from our house. This was above and beyond what we ever expected...although, I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of "insurance policy" to make sure Lee gets in LOTS of hunting time next year????
Rass (aka Ryan) came over with the ATV while the kids were napping. He unloaded it, parked it in the garage, "decorated" it, made sure it started...then we set up the video camera and planned exactly how we'd surprise Grant. We waited and waited for Grant to wake up (they always sleep FOREVER when you DON'T want them to)...I finally had to wake him up. He was a little groggy and grumpy and said, I'm going to sleep more...WHAT!?!?! He NEVER says that. I finally got him upstairs and then outside. His reaction was not at all what I expected...he was a little shy b/c he hadn't seen Rass for awhile and I had a camera in his face, and he didn't quite know what to think! He warmed up, a little, listened as Ryan explained everything to him and then they rode it for awhile. There was no crazy excitement, but I think it took awhile to sink in.
He asks almost every day if he can ride it, but is pretty good about accepting the fact that it just can't happen much right now between the snow and ONE parent home.
I'm a little worried about it, but he loves it and seems to be learning how to ride it.
It will be nice when Lee is home and can spend more time teaching him.







1 comment:
how nice of your friends to do that for grant:)
Post a Comment