Saturday, September 5, 2009

Poor baby girl, her first ear infection...first antibiotic

So, Brynna started getting fussy and waking up a few times throughout the night during our last 4-5 days in Kentucky. At first, I thought it was because our room was so cold (the thermostat never did work right) or because she was teething (I think I can see four little bottom teeth just under the gums). However, she just wasn't acting right and my "mother's intuition" started kicking in. I started thinking....Hmmm, maybe it's an ear infection. But, she wasn't running a fever, wasn't really acting "sick" so I just waited...Well, she was still fussy after getting home yesterday evening and woke up several times over night. I decided to take her to the walk-in clinic this morning...and sure enough, EAR INFECTION!!!
Poor baby girl, I hate it when the kids are sick!!! We started on a 2x/day for seven days, antibiotic. I put her down for her nap this afternoon...and now I'm in DSM getting my hair done (yes, my salon has internet, SO cool!!!). So, I hope and pray she is feeling better soon!
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home...then it's off to Chicago (without the kids) next weekend for a Cubs baseball game and the U2 concert!

No comments: