It's been a long two weeks, but it's quickly coming to an end. Lee took (and passed!) his final exam this morning and he's turning everything in as I type this. We get to head back tomorrow morning after Lee gets released from his course (hopefully by 7:30am).
It's been an adventure living the "active duty" life for 14 days. I am still in awe of the fact that every soldier, spouse, and child that I see going about their daily lives, does this EVERY day. Protecting our country and our freedoms IS their life. Now, I know that Lee lives this every day too...I just don't see the family and community aspect of it at home. Thank you to ALL of the soldiers and families, especially my brother Wade, sister-in-law Stephanie, and niece, Whitney!!!
I've never felt safer than when "living" on an active duty military post and have never met friendlier people (residents, not employees). However, I didn't like all the reserved parking spaces (for some important person or another), the LONG lines everywhere, the lack of customer service I recieved at the PX and the attitude from the front desk staff at our hotel. I hope this was just my experience and not reflective of post employees as a whole.
All in all it was a postive experience, and certainly better than being at home without Lee for two weeks. I feel blessed that we even had the option to tag along. However, I am SO ready to be home!!! I will never again complain that my house is too small, it's going to feel like a mansion after this :)


1 comment:
You're sweet to say that, but this life has become "normal" to us. It certainly is different and even difficult for many. Everyone is always looking for friends because we all know we're in the same boat.
As for the rude employees, can't say I've experienced that. But the long lines, it was pay day Sept. 1, and that makes a HUGE difference on post. It makes for long lines all WEEK.
I'm glad you got to experience the active duty life, if even for two weeks!
Post a Comment