I thought that if we stayed busy this first week that Lee was gone, it would go by quickly. Well, it did...but I'm not sure it was the best idea! I'm exhausted and the house/garage/yard/etc is a disaster (sorry Lee, it will all be cleaned up by the time you get home). I was reminded that we have great neighbors (as if I needed to be reminded...they've always been great), some things have broken and been fixed, and the kids had a great time with our new babysitter, YAY!!!!
The main thing on the schedule this week was Vacation Bible School (VBS). Grant attended (along with his friend, Sam) and Brynna and I helped in the nursery for the workers' children. VBS ran from 6-8pm, Sunday - Thursday...talk about filling up our evenings! Grant didn't say one word to his teachers until the last night, had Sam tell me everything they did on the drives home, and got a little freaked out playing his first game of tag...but, said he had fun and was excited to go back each night! Praise the Lord!!!
Here are some pictures from the last night.
 |
The program.
He's not smiling (or singing) but he's on stage...I'll take it!!!!
His FAVORITE part, the ice cream social at the end!
Other pictures/activities from the week:
|
 |
Brynna, lying in our bed, with the phone...next to the Daddy pillow - long story :)
We had a storm with 70mph winds, so we spent one (HOT and HUMID) morning picking up sticks and branches.
Sunday morning before church.
Playing outside, after church, in their church clothes.
Riding his bike...love the flag in the background.
A wet mess, and still as cute as ever!
We made a few messes...
and THIS is how well I'm doing at maintaining the yard. Don't panic, Lee. We'll have it all back in tip-top shape before you get home :)
In addition to VBS, I organized the annual fundraiser garage sale for Alabaster Ministries this week. WOW...I didn't realize what an undertaking that would be. I made numerous trips to pick up/drop off donations, many hours organizing (or trying to) the donated items, and then more hours working at the sale and boxing up the leftovers...and we still aren't done.
On another note, the neighbor kid came over and mowed the lawn for me (I didn't even have to ask, he...well, his mom, volunteered)! The mower quit working, but his dad came and fixed it the next morning, YAY!!!! Thank you Chase and Chance (and Mary)!
A neighbor girl came and sat with the kids while they were napping so I could work on the garage sale stuff. Thank you, Lindsi!!!
We had our new babysitter come over Friday afternoon/evening while I worked at the garage sale. When I pulled in, Grant ran out of the house yelling, "Mom, I had fun!" Another PRAISE the LORD moment!!!! She WILL be back :)
The Hensley's had us over for dinner one night. Phil came to check on us this morning. Rass called to check in on us. My Bible study girls were ready to come over Friday evening after the send-off, IF I needed them...which I did not. Numerous people at church handed out hugs and asked how we were doing. And both of my brothers, Dad, Mom and Mother-in-Law all called to make sure we were okay.
THANK YOU everyone for your support. It's been almost overwhelming to watch God use all of you to bring peace and strength!
What a crazy week!!! I don't have many things scheduled for week 2. Hopefully, I will be able to clean the house, plan some healthy meals, spend some time just PLAYING with the kids...and find our new nOrMaL! (Oh, and maybe get Grant a hair cut)
Philippians 4:6-7 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment