Monday, August 2, 2010

First "do-it-myself" fix-it project

I woke up this morning to find the toilet would not flush. I opened the back tank and quickly realized the "flusher thing" was broken. The kids and I had a million errands to run in town today anyway, so we added the hardware store onto our list of stops (when we got there Grant asked if it was the toilet store - not exactly, I explained). I easily found the part and was confident in my ability to fix it, since it said no tools required!
After SIX stops (yeah, NOT fun with two kids) we were home. I went to work on my project...only to find out that the part that screwed off had been "Vandewatered"...for those that are unaware, that means it was tightened about 100x tighter than necessary, sorry honey, but true :) So, I had to go to the garage to find some sort of tool to help me unscrew the thing. I did and then easily fixed the toilet...which now flushes perfectly!!!!!
Grant will be so excited when he gets up from his nap, he had been listing off names of people that we could call if I couldn't fix it myself. He has no idea how talented his Mommy really is :)



No comments: