Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 2 - Better!

While we are still adjusting, week two was much better! We did not have a jam packed schedule, in fact, we only had three nights booked. One was Bible study for me, Thank you to Grandma Paula for staying with the kids! Wednesday night, Uncle Matt, Aunt Tiffany and Owen came over for dinner. The last event was a get-together with other Guard wives and kids on Friday.

So, we were able to clean the house, get a few things done on our "to do" list and just play!


The kids helped "clean."


Playing with her baby.


Grant was hanging on a branch from this tree, so OF COURSE, Brynna wanted to do it too. She hung there for quite awhile and even pulled her legs up and put her feet on the same branch. Maybe gymnastics IS in her future???


Wednesday evening, after dinner, the kids ended up in the pool. The water was SO warm after sitting in the sun all day.... I added bubble bath and did baths outside!
I know, a little hillbilly, but it worked :)


Grant got a letter from Daddy!


Juice popsicles IN the pool!!!
(This is my all time favorite picture from the summer)


Sweet corn!
(prior to hair cut)


Playing at our friend's house on Friday.
(after haircut...SO glad we got it cut!!!)


With Heather, a Guard wife friend!


Other highlights from the week:

Brynna has ANOTHER ear infection!!! Her 15 month check up (LATE) is the end of this month, I think I'll be asking for a referral to a specialist.

Uncle Wade, Aunt Steph, and Whitney moved to Ames!! Just in time for the flooding and drinking water crisis. We haven't been up to see them yet, but soon.

We booked our trip to Gulfport, MS for Lee's pass dates. All three of us will be flying down!

I have one more thing on the "needs fixed" list, but I'm not sure if I have told Lee yet or not, and I don't want him to learn about our life from the blog. So, I'll be sure to ask/tell him tonight and post soon :)

We are well into week 3 and still doing well. Praise the Lord!

In case you missed it, Lee was interviewed for an article that appeared in yesterday's Des Moines Register.
You can read it here:
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100815/NEWS/8150329/Afghan-ambush-left-Iowa-soldiers-tested


No comments: