Monday, January 23, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

Okay, you are thinking GROSS!!!!! At least that is what I've been thinking for months, since first hearing about this recipe. I decided to try it, because if I can make "healthy" brownies, why not? I figured if they were bad, I was only out a few dollars, and then I'd know for myself. Well, they are GOOD!!!!!!!!

The texture and taste is almost the same as regular brownies (if you didn't KNOW they had black beans, you probably wouldn't notice any difference). The kids love them....Lee hasn't tried them yet.. I'm not going to tell him until AFTER he tries them to see if he notices anything different. (Hope he doesn't read the blog at work today!)

Directions:
Open a can of black beans, pour into a collander and rinse, scoop back into can and fill with water. Pour can of beans and water into blender and purée until smooth. Dump beans and brownie mix into bowl and stir until blended. Pour into greased pan and cook according to package directions (do not add oil or egg).

Yummy! I would not qualify this as health food, but certainly HEALTHIER dessert!

Steph, these brownies for breakfast might be okay :)



If you try these, let me know what you think!


Nutritional info can be found here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/black-bean-brownies-2-pts.html

1 comment:

Steph said...

lol! remember when i made blueberry brownies? those were pretty good too. And I was totally thinking gross, but I'm sure it's not so bad.