Birthdays aren't QUITE as exciting as they once were. However, I decided that I needed a day away this year. So, Mom (Grandma Cathy) and Grandma (Grandma Audrey) came to stay with the kids while we spent the day/night in Des Moines. We went to Wellman's Pub in West Glen for lunch and watched some of the ISU game, went to Jordan Creek Mall and Trader Joe's. Next we headed downtown and tried to go to
West End Architectural Salvage, but they were already closed. So, we checked into the downtown Marriott and relaxed. Yes, just sitting in a hotel room with NO kids is SO relaxing these days. Next we headed to Dos Rios for guacamole and margaritas. I think we were asleep by 11:00, so it wasn't a crazy night out, but it was much needed and a great time!

Love him :)

LOVE Dos Rios Margaritas!

I came home to THIS!
I picked cherry cheesecake as my "bday cake" for many years when I was younger. Grandma Audrey remembered, and brought the ingredients to make this.

A night away is great, but who wouldn't want to come home to these two?

They had been playing "dress up" while we were gone :)

***************************************************************************************
And this little gem is my birthday present!!!! I got the new iphone 4s and it's worth every penny. It's more of a mini computer with a phone, than a phone. I LOVE it.
(It take better pictures than our Canon camera)
1 comment:
your day makes 35 seem awesome!
Post a Comment