Saturday, October 8, 2011

ER

As if we hadn't had an exciting enough week...Friday night we ended up with Grant in the emergency room. No not from the 4-wheeler, his bike, or the swing set, just from running. Yep, he was running, tripped, and fell into the trailer that is parked behind the dog kennel. I heard him screaming, ran outside to see him holding his head with blood running down his face, neck and arm! No, I didn't panic, I know head wounds bleed a lot. I got him inside, applied pressure and layers of band-aids/gauze (yes, I have mad first aid skills), and had him lie down. We waited for Lee to get home (he was about 20 minutes away) then peeled the band-aids off to take a look and decided we should take him in.

He FREAKED out!!!! He cried the entire way to Winterset, saying he wanted to go to the doctor tomorrow NOT today. I literally had to drag him into the hospital, while we were checking in he was crying and hitting me...oh yeah, NOT cool. Lee took care of that little problem, and then we waited for a few minutes. The nurse looked at it first and said he probably wouldn't need stitches, they could just glue it. Immediately, Grant calmed down! He was smiling, happy, and having us read him a deer hunting magazine while we waited for the doctor. Thankfully the nurse was correct and it only needed glue. He didn't even whine when the doctor cleaned and squeezed it together to apply the glue. All of that DRAMA over fear of stitches...I don't even think he actually knows what they are.


Smiling after it was all over...maybe it was because we told him we'd get dinner at Pizza Hut AND let him have candy :)



HOPING for a much calmer weekend!!!!

No comments: