Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's!!!

Grant and Brynna opening their Valentine box from Grandma Cathy. Grant LOVES getting stuff in the mail with HIS name on it!!!


Candy AND a new truck, he's pretty easy to please!!!


Grant's Valentine Party...
It was a GREAT time: games, lunch, lots of cookies, and a Valentine exchange!


He wasn't so sure about getting his picture taken...


Grant's Valentine box, he got lots of cards and MORE candy at his Valentine party.


This may be news to some of you, but we are seriously considering (and praying about) home schooling. So, we have joined the home school group here in Madison County (MASCHE, Madison Area Support for Christian Home Educators) and they are the ones that put on the Valentine party. He also goes to a once a week preschool class with the same group. It sounded crazy to me too, but God is really changing my mind lately (and those of you that know me well, know it HAS to be a "God thing" because my mind doesn't get changed easily). LOTS more to come on this subject in the future...

Happy Valentine's Day ~ We love you!!!




2 comments:

Steph said...

When do you have to decide if you're home schooling? Do you have to get certified? Would Grant start school fall 2011? Coming up before you know it!

Jessica said...

I think MANDATORY school age is 6, so first grade. No certification needed for me, just when he's six I have to file something with the Winterset school district telling them of our intent to home school. I would obviously do Kindergarten at home when he's 5, just no requirement to notify the school then. I have A LOT to learn before then: curriculum, supervising teacher vs. portfolio and testing option...those are just the things I know about!!!