We drove all the way to Mitchell, SD with only a couple quick potty/gas breaks. We stopped at Cabela's (of course) in Mitchell to cook breakfast and walk around for a bit.
This was a little scary as the kids and I all had on flip flops, oops! Thankfully, we didn't see any rattlesnakes! It was extremely hot and we had been driving all day, so we didn't do too much walking around.
Amazing scenery!
We stayed at the KOA campground outside of the Badlands the first night...in a TENT!
We were thankful for the pool, just bummed Lee and I forgot our swim suits.
We let them run around in their swim stuff, because I forgot towels, they had to air dry :) We packed SO much stuff only to realize we forgot our swim suits and towels. We had small hand towels, but no bath towels. Showers were interesting at the campground...
It was a little tough trying to get the kids settled down to sleep in the tent. Once they were asleep, it went okay. They slept all night, the weather cooled off nicely, and there were no mosquitos in the tent. They woke up early and it warmed up quickly, so packing up was quite a chore, and keeping them entertained while we were packing up and trying to shower, was not very fun either. I think it will be a few years before try tent camping again.




No comments:
Post a Comment