I enrolled Grant and I (and the neighbor boy) into "Mommy and Me" preschool for this year. Obviously, he's only two, so I don't expect great things...however, Grant's first day did not go so well.
The first thing we were supposed to do was put name tags on the kids. Yeah right!! While the other little sweeties were putting on their name tags, Grant said "NO!" and went right to playing...I kept trying throughout the free play time with always the same answer, "NO!" So, we forgot about the name tag and decided everyone would just have to know him as the kid who wouldn't wear the name tag :)
Later, during circle time, Grant got off my lap, walked over to the door and said, "Let's go, I wanna go!" OK, so we're about 35 minutes into our first day and he's bored...I will give him some credit - the teacher was not engaging the kids at this point as she was talking to the parents...but still!
He excelled at one area...SNACK TIME! He sat down in his little chair at the little table and ate all of his snack, said please when offered more, and didn't get up until every last goldfish was gone!
Later, during circle time, Grant got off my lap, walked over to the door and said, "Let's go, I wanna go!" OK, so we're about 35 minutes into our first day and he's bored...I will give him some credit - the teacher was not engaging the kids at this point as she was talking to the parents...but still!
He excelled at one area...SNACK TIME! He sat down in his little chair at the little table and ate all of his snack, said please when offered more, and didn't get up until every last goldfish was gone!
So, free play and snack...known as recess and lunch...anyone want to bet what Grant's favorite part of "real" school will be?
No comments:
Post a Comment