You've probably all heard about my fire incident (or read it on Lee's blog) but here's my short version of the story. I was trying to get things done in the yard. I had been pulling weeds out of the landscaping, raking rocks out of the grass from the winter snow removal, and decided to go a step further and burn our little patch of ornamental grass. Lee does it every spring, so I figured I should too. Well, I guess it was a little too dry and I wasn't quite prepared to fight a fire (although Grant and I tried our best!).
My attempt at burning a small patch of grass resulted in my first 911 call, 1 sheriff, and 3 fire trucks!!!! I must say they were all very nice and they made it to our house in 14 minutes, which I thought was pretty good considering it's a volunteer force and we live 9 miles out of town.
My attempt at burning a small patch of grass resulted in my first 911 call, 1 sheriff, and 3 fire trucks!!!! I must say they were all very nice and they made it to our house in 14 minutes, which I thought was pretty good considering it's a volunteer force and we live 9 miles out of town.



Our house would have probably not been in any danger, our neighbor to the west...well, that's another story. I don't even think my husband being deployed would have been a good enough excuse for burning someone's house down! Praise the Lord for fire departments.At least I have received a service for the CRAZY high Madison County property taxes :)

No comments:
Post a Comment