Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The last of MS

This is the last MS post I'll do. I have a few more pictures, but I won't bore you quite to death :)


At "The White Cap" restaurant. One of the only restaurants we could find along the beach (other than Waffle House).
Five years after the hurricane and there still isn't much along the coast...so strange!


On Saturday morning we drove to New Orleans. It was about an hour and a half drive along the coast...beautiful, but a few too many high bridges over water for my liking. Anyway, we thought it would be fun to see Bourbon Street. Well, we saw it, and a few things we wished we hadn't seen, ate a quick lunch and left. Neither of us feel the need to go back!


Just hanging out...the stuff you take for granted, until it's gone!
Oh, and Grant is eating key lime pie in this picture :)


Our pretty little dare devil...climbing the hard, wood stairs.


At the airport waiting to go home!


So, even though things didn't go quite as planned and we had more than a few mishaps...we are SO thankful for the time we got to spend together.

We don't know if Lee will get mid-tour leave at this point, so it may be 10.5 months before we see him again :( While that is pretty hard to think about, I also know that God is at work in all of this and that it is our job to give thanks and praise and give Him the glory no matter WHAT is going on in our lives. Seriously, I look around at other people's lives/marriages/situations and I'm not sure I'd want to trade with any of them...
even in the midst of our "trial" GOD IS GOOD!!!

1 comment:

heather said...

glad you had a good 'vacation' overall. love the pictures on the beach. when we went to georgia this summer my girls loved the beach also. and you are right about getting a house, that's what we do and it works out great.